Mirani & Mirani Poll
Hugh & Felicity Nivison
Horned 732 & Poll 421
Walcha NSW 2354
13Km North of Walcha on the Mirani Rd (off Uralla Rd)
Predominately trap soil with small amounts of granite and basalt country
No. of Ewes
500 Stud and 3500 commercial
- The Mirani stud was founded in 1932 by A.S. (Poss) Nivison, and celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2007. In that time, the stud has been classed by Poss, Peter, Hugh & Tim Nivison, and since July 2006 is managed by Hugh and Felicity Nivison.
- For the last 75 years, the Mirani objective has been to produce sheep that perform under paddock conditions in the New England; sheep that produce a large amount of high quality wool, while requiring the minimum of care. The success can be measured in some way by the large numbers of studs that list Mirani blood in their foundation.
- A constant during the last 75 years has been innovation and the adoption of the latest technology. From being the first to spread superphosphate by air in the 1950’s, pioneering the use of computers in the 1980’s to the adoption genetic evaluation in the 1990’s, the Nivison family has been keen to use very tool available to maximise farm performance.
- The focus at Mirani is profitability. By concentrating on selection of animals for economically important traits, Mirani is producing animals that offer significant advantages to both stud and commercial wool producers. Our sheep will deliver maximum $$ per hectare, with low management costs, thereby generating maximum profit. Mirani genetics offer proven performance, clear future goals and the opportunity to improve profitability. All sale rams are presented with full performance data, including their actual test results, Australian Sheep Breeding Values (ASBV) and a range of industry indexes. The indexes and ASBVs are benchmarked through Sheep genetics Australia (SGA) to allow comparison with other years and other studs. Mirani offers semen from our proven Sires, which would suit Stud and Commercial breeders looking to enhance their existing bloodlines.
- "Please visit our website at www.mirani.com.au for further details on Mirani."
"Mirani is committed to breeding sheep that will be profitable under commercial conditions. These sheep will deliver maximum $$ per hectare, with low maintenance requirements, generating maximum profit."
|Rams available on Property
||Mirani - by appointment
||Starts Saturday 31/1/2012
|Mirani, Yalgoo, Miramoona Reduction Sale
||Surplus ewes and wethers