Cameron Peardon & Deb Maxwell
8908 Guyra Rd
Guyra NSW 2365
14 km north-west of Guyra on the Inverell Rd
02 67794262 Cam: 0412 823 658 Deb: 0437 524 163
Two year average 17.0 (2 years & older)
Two year average 15.3
High performing superfine flock
- High fleece weight* for the fibre diameter (more profitable) — lower fibre diameter and higher MP index.
- Strong staple strength* — higher staple strength and lower CV of Fibre diameter
More resistant to worms
*Compared to the average of the superfine/ultrafine flocks in MERINOSELECT
High resistance to fleece rot and flystrike
- Sheep are not mulesed or jetted, yet flystrike is uncommon.
- Selection emphasis is on a plain body, bright wool, good back and shoulder conformation.
Excellent fleece performance
- We are most proud of the numerous champion ribbons in Commercial Value fleece classes, which reflect the profitability of our fleeces. These fleeces are simply drawn from the mob with no special treatment or nutrition, and with only 350 stud ewes and their followers, we compete successfully against flocks with 1000s of sheep from which they draw fleeces.
- We also have numerous broadribbons in the subjective visual wool classes. (Toowoomba Show, Sydney Royal Easter Show, Guyra Show, Armidale Show).
- Fleeces are mostly shown locally to support the Guyra Show Society, which has the biggest regional fleece show in Australia, and Armidale, and go elsewhere only occasionally.
- Sheep are not housed or coated and they do not receive special diets.
- We do not show sheep so all sheep can be objectively performance recorded under paddock conditions.
High performing sheep that look good
Detailed performance records
- Profitable, easy to manage sheep
- Resistant to flies, worms and foot problems
- Mostly polled or half-polled: about one quarter of rams still horned
- Great conformation and size
- Beautiful stylish wool
- Good temperament
- Excellent disease status: Sheep MAP MN3, Accredited Free Ovine Brucellosis, Declared Footrot Free, no lice, 6-in-1 vaccinated, quarantined drenched (4 actives) on departure.
- Full pedigree records for higher accuracy
- Birth data including birth weight and lambing ease
- Breech wrinkle data since 2007
- Birth, weaning and yearling weights
- Staple strength, staple length and worm egg count directly measured on every sheep
- All ASBVs available to public on SG website
Location: "Mannum Park" Guyra NSW 2365
Time: Tuesday 26th January 2016. Inspection from 10am, Helmsman Auction at 1 pm
Offered: 30 rams (selling agent: Landmark)
Also at on-property sale: surplus ewes
Rams selected for sale in conjunction with Angus Carter, Landmark.